Friday, June 19

Day Three

Wow. I didn't even know that dust storms can be THAT sudden. It all happened like *snap*! and there were like a billion tons of dust billowing through the streets of Lahore. The strong gusts were shaking the trees rather rigorously and the loose leaves littered the streets. Our recently washed car was enveloped in a couple hundred layers of dust. And then the report of live-wires touching and the bright flashes caused by it filled the night sky, though I have to admit it was a little scary at first, what with virtually all street lights off on our way back home. It was simply amazing. I have never seen anything like it before. Or at least I think I haven't. It was around T minus 30 minutes to the Paki vs SA semi-final. Upon reaching home I realized that we'll be having company, the sort of company you NEED while watching such an exciting match. The adrenaline was pumping, air thick with talks of how Younis Khan needs to proceed with the bowling line-up, and the awesome Pizza. A night to be remembered, for sure. Lahore Lahore 'ay!

No comments: